Friday 5 March 2010

Dissertation Update

Right, well, it was over a month ago since I last posted my progress, and to disappointedly be completely honest, I haven't got as far. However, good news is, I have now purchased a number of books that should help with the progress, and after skim reading a number of them, I know they are going to help a lot. I also have a list now to help me cross off what I need to do, which is:

Introduction
About 'LOST'
Research into Fandom
How the research into 'fandom' applies to LOST
LOST Fandom + Research
References
Conclusion
Bibliography

I have started with the simples concerning the research, being audience profiling and research, looking at identifying the target audience etc.

I've also posted a questionnaire onto a number of forums which I've already had replies, and I need to write another one, in hope I'll get more answers and responses from the same people. However, I still need more responses from the previous post. So by emailing a couple of celebrity internet people, I'm hoping they might help me out!

Anyway, I have suddenly got a really strange surge of energy and I am going to see if I can put it into good use and continue with dissertation! (It's reading week you see, and I have got no way near as far as I had planned by now! It's gone too fast!)

No comments:

Post a Comment